Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Friday, August 6, 2010

8th Email

Hola!!!!!!!!! This week is crazy cause the teachers made it teaching week so all we do is teach tons of lessons and right now we have 16 scheduled, and we're teaching Matt and Chase too, which I'm super excited about!!!
I cant waaaaaaait to be out in the field.  I've been here soo long and we did NOT get our visas, so I will be here, in the MTC, for probably another month, because they WOULD send us to SLC but SLC missions are full cause nobody is getting their visas :( sooo pray for me!!! cause i really wanna leave hahah I've been trying to do the articles of faith in Spanish, and its pretty fun haha.Mom check out mormon.org, the new one, i think you'll like it :) The devotional and fireside were good but I didn't bring my journal and I don't remember cause sooo much stuff goes on here hah, but they were good.  Oh so mother...you can send stuff here for like the next month and if we get our visas I'll probably get to call you and tell you when I'm leaving, but for now I'm here :/  ....soooo that means....Nate balkman, I will be here waiting for you on Thursday... Gym has been fun lately cause I play with this aerobie Frisbee, the Frisbee that goes super far, and my friend and I throw it across the ENTIRE field the whole time, and sometimes it goes in the street and I have to run across and get it after it has been run over like a bazillion times haha but its so fun.  The doctor gave me these HUGE pills to take cause I'm still sick and he told me not to get sweaty and exercise and stuff.  Its like suuuuuuper hot here by the way. Anyways, so sometimes during gym I sit under this tree and look at the lake or draw pictures or something :) Its wonderful. Yesterday's gym was sweeeeeeeeet though cause there was a huge lightning storm going on while we were outside during gym and it was SUPER windy, and crazy, and I just sat there with Elder Speakman and watched the lightning storm. Elder speakman and elder Anderson are my favorite people here. Anyway, thanks for all the packages and letters, they mean SOOOO much!!!! its super hard to sleep here, and it took me one and a half hours to fall asleep last night, and i just stared at the ceiling...It was terrible hahah, but ya...everything else is good, I'm learning a lot and getting better at teaching in espanol, but the more Spanish you know the harder it gets for some reason cause you want to say more things and you just don't know how haha, its weird. but yup. Everything is great.  We still meet with our friend Alan that we're going to baptized and taught him about tithing and stuff...fun fun. Will you tell Douglas Foulger to write me cause i miss him and I haven't heard from him in like a month!! and someone MUST tell Jordan Franks that Tyler Hatch is in my zone haha k love ya all!
Elder Bertha