Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Thursday, August 12, 2010

9th Email

K wow i was suuuuuper bummed i didn't get to call you yesterday mom, it was freeeeeking crazy, I thought I was leaving at 5 in the morning with everyone else so i started packing and then elder labarron and I went up to the travel office and found out that we don't leave until next Wednesday....TUSCON ARIIIIIIIIIZONA!! 120 degrees every single day hahahah aren't there a lot of Mormons in Tuscon?? I think so. I hope I'm just immersed in Espanol though cause I wanna learn fast  but I'm super excited to GO there!!! Then I will get practice and stuff before Mexico, and I hope and I've been praying we will finally get to Mexico some day!! I leave next Wednesday, delta at 11:33 to Tuscon get in at 12:23 and I'm flying on the small planes I think, yup, soooo feel free to meet me at the airport or something ;P but ya I'll call you when I'm at the airport. Can you send me a calling card though!? This week was actually super awesome. We made a lot of great contacts and taught some great lessons. One of the days, my comp, Elder Riggin, who left today, went to the store to get the proclamation to the family to use in our lesson, but they didn't have any Spanish ones left so we went to another building and this guy printed one out for us then I had this fantastic idea toshrink and laminate it.  We did that and they are SO COOL!!!  They're awesome, anyways,  we taught a lot of lessons about faith this week, just cause its fun to teach about faith, and we found a lot of great scriptures. I've been tabbin' up my Spanish scriptures lately.  It's fun, but this NEXT week I'm gonna be studying my BRAINSSSSS out and learning alllll of Spanish and tabbing up my scriptures because we don't have to teach as many lessons and I'm really gonna try to study a  lot of the day instead of scheduling just teaching lessons.  Last Sunday we watched the Joseph Smith Restoration movie....BEST MOVIE EVER!!! Seriously its so good and its my new fave, after dumb and dummer and ace ventura :) anyways, its crazy to think how much they had to suffer and I appreciate it so much more. There is NO WAY that someone would ever go through that much stuff if they were lying, and really hadn't seen God, that movie is incredible and I think everyone should go and see it because it's life changing. Their faith is just amazing and Joseph Smith is the coolest, greatest guy ever, his story is crazy...but go and watch that movie, it's unreal, its awesome!  When I went to the dentist 2 weeks ago the old guy told me to be a F.O.D missionary - faithful, obedient, diligent :) just thought I'd share that with you... the devotional on Sunday was soooooooooooooooo good and he talked about how we should invite poeple to start reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning because there is SO much to be learned from First Nephi right at the beginning, like about families, and parenting, and faith, and it's sooo true. I've been studying it and it's amazing. I've been reading a lot in Matthew also, I'm gonna finish it tomorrow probably, that's a sweet section though, the Lord performs so many incredible miracles and there's so much to learn from all of it. I think you should all go read it ;) in the devotional the guy said that the Book of Mormon + the spirit = the most powerful part of conversion, and I believe that to be so true, all we need to do is help people feel the spirit and they will come to know for themselves that this gospel is true and we have the same gospel and the same power Christ had during his ministry.  We probably taught like 30 lessons this week, its been crazy. I'm super excited to go to Tuscon, AZ, even though its gonna be like 120 every day ;P  but ya I'm amped, it'll be sick. dude Andrew that slide thing  where you lock arms sounds soooo cool, and we must do that when we get back...but I'm sending you a letter....and something to make you be more like robin hood...have you seen that yet? Anyway tell all the cousins in NH i say hello and thanks for all the pictures and the letters and the fooooood. I think I'm gonna send my sweaters home cause I don't need them in AZ and i need to make room for all the candy :) I love you all, but Sam is my favorite :), Let me know when you guys are gonna be home and stuff. I leave next wed, the 18th I think, and I'll probably call you around 9-11 ish k:) so get readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
 
love youuuuuu
 
elder bertha!!