Hello, I cant say hola anymore because I'm in an English area now :/ but starting from last week, when i was Spanish, it was woooooooooonderful!!! We taught Hector, who needs to get married before he gets baptized. He's the coolest guy. He was in the special forces and told us these cool stories, and then guess whaaaaaaat? He gave me this military camelback. It's super awesome, and I love it. Last night I called my old comps about something and Hector picked up cause they were at his house and I talked to him in Spanish on the phone hahaha It's hard to speak Spanish on the phone! We had a good week with Hector. We did this activity with cups and knives and you have to balance the Book of Mormon on them, its pretty neat, he liked it, and then he fed us this super good bread stuff :) I got fruity pebbles, this HUUUUUGE bag of them, and that's what I'm surviving off of, but they disappeared when I got transferred. I think they were left in the AP's car, but I'm gonna get some more today. There was a craaaaaaaaaaaazy thunder and lighting storm, the lightning goes on forever here!! It's so sweet though, and even if its not raining, you can see it in the distance. we tracted in it and we found this lady from Jamaica and talked to her for a while. She didn't speak any Spanish but anyways we gave her a B of M after talking to her for a while and basically taught her the first lesson at the door. It was pretty awesome. We taught the Garcia family a lot last week too, that's always fun. The kids like love us and we did origami again and their parents joined in and then their parents had a lesson, it was kinda like a family home evening thing. I'm bummed cause I probably won't see them ever again cause I got transferred, and I'm gonna miss them. The last time we went over there I seriously, for like probably 30 minutes, kept walking around this chair while their 2 year old chased me. It was like the funniest thing ever hahaha he was so dizzy after, then he was crawling and trying to get me and I kept dodging him and he was laughing like crazy, it was awesome. I love Mexican kids. I'm in the Recon East area I guess, that's what someone told me, but it's still the Tuscon, AZ mission. We tracted into this probably 17-18 year old Mexican girl whose a senior in high school with a 3 month old, she was super interested and I had to contact her in espanol which was fun. She listened to us for like 30 minutes and we gave her all the stuff and committed her to come to church and we also committed another lady to come to church too while tracting, but I never got to see if they went to church cause i got transferred Saturday morning, so I need to see if they did or not. We set like 4 baptismal dates one day! it was sweet. I don't remember them all. It becomes all kinda jumbled up in my mind cause so much goes on ya know. I try to write down most of it but I really can't remember that much, but we set a bunch. On Thursday we were tracting and we didn't find anyone and there were dogs evvvvvvverywhere, and on the last house were going to knock, this lady invited us in, and she had studied the Book of Mormon before and was super interested and we taught her the first lesson and set a date for her, ahh it was great, and it was dumping rain that whole day too haha...so ya alot went on. Friday was the best day ever, until I figured out i was leaving. We did all that tracting then we did service! I love service, especially cause we got to paint this school for special adults. It's a really cool program they have. We painted the walls a bunch of funky colors and it looks super awesome. I'm gonna paint the walls of my house a bunch of awesome colors I've decided! :) and I was wearing my toms and i got bug bites allllll over me feet. I got eeeeeeaten, but Elder Stokes and I were champs at painting! We did 2 bathrooms, with 2 coats in like 25 minutes ;P it was saaawwwweeeeeet, then we taught the Garcias in our p-day clothes, or just our painting clothes, cause we didn't have time to go back and change--and it was a really good lesson, and they learned a lot that night the spirit was suuuuuuuuuuuuuper strong and Marino Garcia was super calm and stuff and kept reading his scriptures while we were talking to his wife and we finally set a date for a baptism for him!! It was awesome, because they've been working with them for like months now, and ya, the spirit was totally there and it was amazing. So I got transferred... my NEW ADDRESS IS:
4515 East Grant Rd.
APT #B121
Tucson AZ 85712
My new apartment is huuuuuge compared to the last one. I guess one of the members owns the complex and lets the missionaries use it, its sweet though. But its kinda gross. I've seen like 4 cockroaches so far and they are pretttty nasty, and so pretty much i vacuumed everything yesterday and played mom, and then I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, so mom --- you should be proud :) We teach a lot with members here, like every night. We have lots of good people in the teaching pool, like 5 with dates and are teaching some pretty neat families. We tracted into a really cool guy the other day, who lives in pretty much a place the size of a king size bed, and he's out of work and he has his life in that room, and he made us watch some video of this black preacher talking about Jesus, it was pretty cool actually, and he's burning us cds of it hahahah, so I'll send it home ;P He didn't want to talk to us at first, but then I said something to him, I forgot what, but he kinda took an interest and we ended up talking with him for like 30 minutes. It's pretty fun tracitng in English hahhah cause I actually get to talk to people, although I love my espanol and want to be in Mexico, for right now, English is pretty fun. I love talking to people, It's pretty easy to get to know someone now, which is super fun, cause like everyone has interesting stories ya know? We ran into some atheists who were slightly mean haha but everyone else was pretty good. We met some lady who loves the missionaries and what we do, but just wasn't interested. We talked to her for a while though. She's an amazing person. She takes abused and other babies or young kids who were taken from their homes and helps them out. She had this little black baby while we were talkingn with her, and it was the cutest kid. He was probably like 6 months old. We went to another members house and talked to him for a while...guess how cool this is! So, he works for this company who tried to find a cure for diabetes, and after like 15 or something years of research and 150 million dollars they've found it, and he's gonna be in Germany for the next 3 weeks announcing it cause the FDA here is all weird or something, but its like a legit thing, it's SO COOL and awesome, and it's just a shot. They replace the isotopes for iso-something and then in like 30 minutes you're good, no more diabetes, so its like a biiiig deal. Then he went off about how much he hates Obama haha, interesting people here. We were at church on Sunday from 7:30 to about 2:30. It was just wonderful. The people are super nice in the ward. We had like 7 of our investigators come to church and they loved it. The speakers were amaaaazing. This one old guy had the best talk evvvvver. Then we visited families as usual and inactive members, then ate dinner at a members house, and we had corn beef i think...it was kinda weird, I like Mexican food better. The first day, in my new area for lunch, the members took us to get a Phillie Cheese sandwich and then for dinner these other people took us to in-n-out hahah so that was awesome ;P and the fam that took us to in-n-out, their daughter had just got back from Rochester, NY, and one of her comps was a Smoot from SD, so maybe that's Shannon's sister!!! So will someone let Shannon know that :) but anyways back to the corn beef, its kinda gross, but I ate it mom :) I really like Mexican food better though... the family we ate with was super nice and stuff, great people here. We're always packed with going to people's homes and visiting less active members and going on splits with the members. It's crazy packed. I love talking to people and preaching in English though :) its really fun, but prayyyyyy for me that I'll get my visa to Mexico so i can go :) I love you alllll!! I get your dear elders!!! It's awesome that dear elder still works!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Hel. 5:47 is what I always share for my spiritual thought!! love ya
love elder bertha :)