This week was craaaazy, we did so much! I've started stretching in the morning for my "work out" haha thought that might be fun, and I want to get flexible cause that'd be cool. Anyways, did you know that at the end of the Book of Mormon it says "the end."... hah so weird, didn't know that. We talked to some random guy from the Netherlands this one night, and he had this hilarious accent and got SUPER close when he talked to us. He's a doctor looking for a job here and he had the missionaries talking to him in the Netherlands so we went with the other missionaries to his house cause he's out of our zone. I went on exchanges with the Spanish missionaries last Tuesday and that was fun, i had to sleep over at their house. We taught Spanish people, but we didn't find anyone tracting that spoke Spanish, and the guy i was with was kind of struggling with tracting, and he's been out for a year. He would just approach people and ask them if they wanted one of our cards? It was weird, but when he did that to this one guy and I started talking to the guy and he got interested and he's a Mexican guy from Compton but speaks English better, so we talked to him in English, but i pretty much told him the first lesson and we gave him a baptismal date hahaha but now he's gone on vacation and hes not even in my area, he's with the Spanish guys, so i don't know where he's at, but it was cool how receptive he was and stuff. That night we ate soooo much, and i didn't finish, cause i would of thrown up, they gave us this huge plate of beans, rice, and pork, then a HUGE bowl of spaghetti, it was soooo much food. I like speaking Spanish a lot. This morning I read 40 pages in the kids Book of Mormon with the pictures and i could understand almost the whole thing in Spanish!! Its kinda lame though cause they make Nephi look super wimpy in all the pictures. Oh and last p-day we went putt putt golfing and it was suuuper fun, and I made a super awesome cover for my planner!!! It's in the pictures, its this huge wave. It was in the ensign. I eat lots of quesadillas and I got these eggo blueberry waffles, soooooooooo awesome. I love tracting, its soooo much fun, but the other day people were super mean and this guy started yelling at us cause he was all mad we knocked on his door and he had to "run" out of the shower cause he "thought one of his neighbors had tripped and needed help, cause they were all old" . We knocked on his neighbors houses and none of them were old, then he told us that we shouldn't go where we're not welcome, hah it was kinda funny. We were talking to this lady in the ward whose husband is a nonmember and he was in WEIRS on Lake Winnipesaukee visiting his daughter that owns Weirs Inn. It was really funny! We have been driving a lot, and visiting a lot of less active people and part member families. Most of the time they're not home. This one part member family has this HUGE ranch in the middle of these neighborhoods that comes out of nowhere!! It's the weirdest thing ever!! They are super nice people. We are teaching this guy Viene right now. He's from Africa and wants to get baptized, but he can't cause he's not married, his wife is a member, and he can't get married cause he has to pay a dowry to his wife's parents first hahaha crazy huh!? I've picked up a new hobby in the car while we drive, but it's a secret and I cant show you yet until it is finished, then I'll send you a picture. Oh and at the library today I read a lot about Puebla while I waited for this computer, and Puebla is like suuuuuper awesome. It has all these cool museums and stuff, you gotta go check it out, and i looked at all these pictures from North Carolina and i gotttta go there someday cause it looks suuuuper gorgeous, anyway, we visited with this less active member and his name is Ken Greco and he runs those 100 mile races like through the mountains and stuff and it's CRAZY. We talked to him forever about it, cause I figured out the only way to get him to talk was to talk about running hahah but what he does is so cool!! and he's done 8 of the 100 mile ones and over 20 of the fifty mile ones, its sweeeet. He's about 40 and is not married and plays video games too....and his home teacher hasn't come in 2 years, sooooo at church we brought up that someone neeeeeds to get over there haha...k weirdest thing ever this week, I've heard like all these stories about out of body experiences and stuff, it's suuuuuper crazy, this one guy who wanted us to bring over a bible, my comp already knew he was crazy. His name is John Jobie, and he has mixed all these religions, and has this crazy theory. He said that when he was 11 he had this vision, but not really, and he was walking around and saw Joseph Smith and then he said he saw Joseph Smith get killed, and then he said he saw all these weird things and people were growling at him and he mixed like a bunch of different religions into this vision story thing. It was the weirdest thing ever. I can't even describe it, it was crazy. The second one he told he said he saw this snowstorm before it happened and said he was under the influence when he saw it...soooo 5 minutes later after he said that...just to clarify, i was like "wait...so on the second story you told, you WERE under the influence?" and he was like "ya" and then kept going. He's been to jail twice and has read up on everything in prison, so that's how he knows so much about all religions...this guys crazy.. anyways we visited this other guy who was a bum for 3 years and is wanting to come back to church, so we talked to him and got his story and everything and he's dealing with all these drug problems and stuff, but i can tell he's really trying to turn his life around, and when we walked in he was reading the Ensign and stuff, and he was really sincere and recognized he needed to change. He is already baptized but hasn't been to church since he was younger. He kinda got into the drug, sex and rock and roll thing as a kid he said, and that kinda led him the wrong way...cool guy though, really interesting We're meeting with him tomorrow. OH, and he asked us to give him a blessing at the end of our visit and it was the second blessing I've given here :) Our other investigator Betty is progressing kinda, but she hasn't been to church and she needs to come, but she is really sick and super overweight and shes going through a really hard time right now, so we just stop by and visit her everyday. I talked to her the other day while Elder Harris was on the phone and asked her about her family and stuff and her dad was a medicine man who lived till he was 105! crazy, she has a super cool story too! Marta, our other investigator we teach every night and is totally awesome and is getting baptized on the 25th. She is doing SO well and she loves us and she let's me say the prayer in Spanish so I can practice It's awesome. We are teaching her daughter too but her daughter is not that good at keeping commitments and sometimes shes totally in it and other times she doesn't wanna hear it, but she has a baptisimal day. It's a crazy situation. It would take forever to explain. It's really an eye opener being out here. There are so many people with messed up lives and messed up families, its so sad. It's crazy. Some of the people we meet are dealing with the hardest situations ever, its so sad. I ate stew the other night. First time EVER hahahah It wasn't that bad. It didn't have anything tooo weird in it. I really like the Mexican food better though ;) and I'm getting really good with a map, cause we have to use it everywhere cause our area is huge and we have to find so many people all the time ;) there is this guy in the ward that is 6 11 and married this little woman from El Salvador, They're an awesome family. We talked to him the other night for a while and went over to help him give his wife a blessing cause she was sick. It was a really great night, the blessing was awesome and they gave us watermelon. They pretty much cut the watermelon in 4 pieces and then cut it in half. They were the biggest pieces of watermelon EVER!!! it was wonderful though :) There's this other guy in the ward that looks like SHOOTER McGAVIN from happy gilmore hahahahahahahhah hes the second counselor so i was looking at him most of the time trying to figure out whyyyyyyy he looked so familiar :P it was great :P testimony meeting was SOOOOOOOOOO good by the way :) and we had dinner with the Calls last night. They are the coolest family EVER, so awesome. We had pork, and chicken. It was really good, and i ate zucchini but it was gross, BUT I ATE IT, it kinda tastes like corn hah, its weird though. I'm having fun. We get transfers on the 25th so if you send any letters close to then send them to the mission office. I don't know the address but you do, so that I'll get them wherever they put me :) but they get here faster if you send them to my place now :) Love ya!! I had a fantastic week!! Probably a lot more I should write but I don't remember :)
ELDER BERTHA