K so today was the best day ever. We went to this place called Colossal Cave. It was SO awesome!!! We took the "intermediate" tour which was kinda expensive so that was lame but it was worth it and we got to wear lights and helmets and everything!! If you come here you HAVE to go to it!!!! Its soooooo awesome!!! Look it up, its like the biggest cave ever, and it was super hard at some parts, and we had to crawl. Outlaws and Indians used to use it. It is sooo cool. I'm sending a pamphlet home :) It was pretty much super awesome and some day I'm going to go on the "advanced" tour which is 4 hours and is a bunch of belly crawling and gnarly stuff, its gonna be sweet, so if anyone wants to come they can :) but our tour was an hour and a half and it was 101 today but inside the cave its always 71 :) cool huh :) This week was pretty normal I guess. We tracted a lot and tried to find people. Tracting is not effective at all, it's kinda more of an act of faith that we do to show the Lord that we're trying, people are usually super rude...but I have a good story: so i was praying super hard that we would find someone that wanted to listen to us, so I picked a street to tract and then when we got to the street we said another prayer and then went out, and i just felt like someone would be open to us, so we tracted alllll these houses and we kept getting shut down. Then this guy at one house, AJ, was suuuuper nice and receptive and I pretty much taught him the first lesson at the door and then we gave him a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet and I told him where I suggested he read and we're gonna see him next Saturday! YAY! prayers answered...yup :) calle de minique :)it was a fantastic feeling. Marta, our AWESOME investigator is doing super well. We visit her every night. We taught a lot of word of wisdom lessons this week, and we're teaching this one lady now, Thelma, this black lady, and she's super nice and she said that she's gonna quit smoking on WEDNESDAY, and she's been trying for a super long time, so that is AWESOME!! She's getting baptized a week after Marta on the 2nd of October, but i probably wont be here :/ cause they'll move me to a Spanish area...but its great shes getting baptized. She had two male roommates and moved into our area cause she wanted to get baptized, so she's really trying, its awesome. Betty, our other investigator, we had to push her date back cause she didn't go to church, but we've been teaching her every day too and she loves it and is doing great. The bishop gave us this list of people we need to go visit as well, so we're pretty busy at night as well, but a lot of them aren't home, or tell us to leave, so that's kind of a bummer.. one of the wards we're over is super good, and we're finding a lot of people, but the hidden valley ward is kinda struggling. I think it's cause the hidden valley ward is more upper-class and they aren't too receptive, which is sad, but we've been trying to find people over there lately, so this week should be good and I'm praying we'll find some more :) We were in church for 7 hours again, it was just fantastic. They called this cool new young couple to be ward missionaries and they are AWESOME, they both went on missions and he's here for med school. We ate with them last week. I think they'll help a lot. It's so fun being on a mission and meeting all these new people. This one guy Keith, the bum I talked about last time who is an inactive member, anyway he's so awesome to talk to and is SO smart and I love visiting to him. He's really struggling with quitting smoking though, but we're working with him. I learned a cool fact from him...did you know that the lines on a kilt represent what family you're from....awesome. We need to make a Bertha kilt. We tracted in the rain this week too, and we were hit with some CRAZY storms again. It's been a fun and exciting week though, and I'm lovin it, I just hope i get my visa soon...and that's SOOOOOOOOOOO SICK THAT NICK GOT CALLED TO MEXICO TOO!!! I love this gospel and I love teaching and telling people how much it has blessed me and has affected my life. I KNOW that god answers prayers like he answered mine this week and I KNOW that Joseph Smith really saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. I love knowing that I'm going to live with my Father in heaven again, and that because of my baptism I can be washed clean of all my sins. It's awesome, and I love sharing it with people :) I gave a dinner message about the first vision in Spanish this week :) I love being out here, I love the Lord, and I love everyone back home,
LOVE
ELDER BERTHA...
ps...hope ya like my nar nar cave exploring pictures. :