Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Thursday, July 29, 2010

7th Email

Hola Mom, I loved talking on the phone with you the other day, it was for sure the highlight of my mtc experience hahah :) but seriously, it was!!!  I went today and its a super cool dentist office and they gave me this stuff to rinse with. It might clean out bacteria or something and it numbs it up, call him if you wanna know more, then I went to Rite Aid and I LOVED it but i really didn't get anything there cause I don't need anything haha, but I have my other doctor appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that is good. Tomorrow in class I'm teaching in Spanish the topic of listening.  I hosted the incoming missionaries on Wednesday, and it was so much fun.  I  got someone I knew!!! It was so cool, and a bunch of other cool people came in who I keep seeing like Blake Faulkner and some other guys. I see Taylor Mearns all over.  Kevin Hawkins says thanks for the cinnamon rolls and he got them :) I've been loving singing lately in Spanish, its so fun.  Today was a crazy day and I have had like NO time at all so i couldn't write letters that much.  I read the Pearl of Great Price this week.  It is SO interesting and it's just super awesome!! Andrew....I have built something for you, and I will send it before I leave the mtc, which could be in 2 weeks, or could be like...never.  I get to call you guys when I get or don't get my visa which should be sometime next week, and I get to call you at the airport, and I think I'm gonna do a collect call. I thought it was going to storm the other day and I got all happy, but it DIDN'T!!! I love studying outside!! It's so nice here when its not like 100 degrees!! Today was like 100 and we walked up to go to the temple. It was fantastic...as usual :) We got this really cool guy for our TEC the other day that went to Mexico city. We taught him the first lesson in Spanish and he corrected us and stuff, it was really nice.  OH BIG NEWS!! so you know that progressive investigator we have, well, he never has time so we search for him and we have been teaching him during his dinner time and taught him about the commandments and stuff last time but the time before that gueeeees what!!! I challenged him to baptism and he accepted!! Finally, cause we've been working with him forever and he finally did, I was so happy, and when you ask them to be baptized you get the most amazing and indescribable feeling ever, its so cool, I felt the spirit so strong during the lesson.  It went so well.  Now we're just teaching him the rest of the lessons. We are meeting with him tomorrow night too!! I'm so excited :) For our TEC we taught the super awesome guy again that is always nice and we taught him the second lesson in Spanish, not gonna lie it was pretty hard, cause we have to know a lot more Spanish now, but we got through it and we knew most of the stuff.  Thanks for that talking dictionary thing hahah its awesome. I don't bring it to those things, but it really helps when I study.  Lately I've been REALLY wanting to get called up to give my talk in church cause last week, mine was suuuuper good I thought, but I didn't get called on :/ hah the devotional was amazing this week!! He taught about how to prepare to teach with the spirit. His 7 things were, prayer, use scriptures, testify, share personal stories (which brother Chan, our favorite TEC guy always tells us to do, he's the coolest guy ever), use music (like sing and stuff) and then express love and gratitude for your companion and also offer priesthood blessings, which I thought was kinda cool, cause i never thought about that! It was sweet!! I love you all so much, thanks for all the letters cousins!! Today I got 8 letters from NH, it was totally awesome. I'll have to send some out tomorrow, cause i missed the mail thing today, but I think I got Kendalls and Makennas and Ellas and Syds out...Anne, yours in coming on like Monday or something, and same with my family one, i have lots of pictures to show you guys!!! I love you all, its so fun being here, I'm lovin it.  The church is true and the Book of Mormon is SO true and tells us EVERYTHING we need to know!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
 
love,
 
elder bertha!!