On Tuesday for the devotional Jenny Oaks Baker, President Oaks daughter performed for us. She played her violin! She"s crazy good! She has played at Carnegie Hall and has a CD out. You've probably have heard of her before. It was really awesome. She is amazing. Our job here, as they said in the devotional, which was super good, is "not to teach, but to help others feel the spirit and become converted themselves, I thought that was super good :) Can you send a picture of our family that is smaller cause I can't always carry those big ones around :) thanks :) I have like about 600 notecards now! Its crazy, I never really liked making note cards before, but now I realized that they totally do help and I study them a lot :) My TEC in Spanish this week went super well. We taught two old ladies and went through the whole lesson in Spanish and I talked a lot. I kinda know a lot, not! :P haha It's sweet, but i still don't know that much so I study Spanish a lot!! We also talked to the ladies about food because that was the point of the TEC, to talk to them at a restaurant or something. It was really great. We totally taught with the spirit again, it was wonderful. Elder Turner, the Canadian, and I made a crane out of 9 pieces of paper taped together, its HUGE!!! We hung it from his ceiling using dental floss hah, its wonderful, but today our masterpiece is in the making, a 42 piece of paper crane, which i will DEFINITELY send you pictures of when we finish it! :) I've been reading my Book of Mormon a lot and I LOVE it. I really love 3rd Nephi, pretty much the entire thing, its so amazing! And
2 Nephi 29-30 is super good and I love those scriptures. I also love the story of Nephi building the boat. I think that's in 1st Nephi 17. It's really awesome, and we share it with our fake investigators all the time. We have that progressive investigator ya know? his name is Alan.... well he's a teacher in the same building where we have class so we hunt him out every day and find him and ask him if he read or not, because progressive investigators go off real time, so if we teach them on a Monday, and then come back the next day and ask how church was, they will say it has only been one day ya know...its pretty cool!! He's a super hard one though haha but its really fun teaching him!! Class has been super fun these days, my district is awesome, and we're all super close. I'm really lucky to been in such a great district!! All the guys are super cool and we don't have any really abstract people. Everyone is funny and class is so much fun, except i SWEAR the teachers just pick on ME haha seriously though....so i have my fun with that :) Hooooopefully our visas come sooon or we'll be in here for like 17 weeks like some of the other elders going to Mexico, who end up getting transferred to places like Provo and SLC before they get their visas and head out to Mexico! i just went and cleaned the temple and it was so spectacular and wonderful and i looooved it. We spent 3 hours cleaning the chairs with tooth picks and q-tips!!! It was so awesome though haha and I loved it!!! And then we cleaned windows. It was super cool and crazy to be in the temple when nobody is there!!! The view is amazing from the temple and its huuuuuuuge inside!!! ahh it was just amazing though :)
Thanks for all the letters from NH!!! Sounds like its so much fun...the theme dinners and stuff!!! Thanks for having a Mexican day for me :) or like a Mexican dress up or whatever. Whats Sean Rooney's address? He sent me a letter but I don't have his return address!!! and I need it, thanks for all the packages and stuff mom and dad!! Thanks for all the letters!!! ANNE I LOVE YOUR LETTERS :) They are so awesome :))) Have sooooo much fun in NH!!! Sounds like its super hot. I love you alllll!!!
Love,
Elder BerthaPS from Alex's mom, Does anyone have Sean Rooney's address if so wil you send it to me via email? Thanks, Sandy Bertha