I dropped my daughter yesterday, my turtle, Timmy. Ya it’s a girl I figured out but I knew that....Timmy the GIRL name. But she is just so wonderful and I’m totally bringing her back with me.
These are the coordinates to my house 19.813792,-97.810115 and next to my house is the city, so there ya go. This week was AWESOME and we got a TON of stuff done! On I think Tuesday we were eating ice-cream in the park after knocking for super long (and we found 2 new families to teach) and I saw the old testigos de jeohva (Jehovah Witness) guy out in the middle of the park!!! SCOOOOOORE, we thought we were never going to find him again. He’s the guy where we knocked his door on the second floor--the picture from last time (check blog). He lives in the middle of nowhere. Well, we started talking to him again and pretty much got him thinking A LOT. In one of those little books I have, it talks about and tells you all the scriptures jw don’t have in their "bible" that is not a bible...and so we were like hey, it tells us what we need to do to know the truth in Matt 17:21, and when he went there, there was just a line and he was like whaaaaaaaat We were like wow, why doesn’t it have that, then we did that 4 other times and he was super interested to know why they weren’t showing up. Then we talked for a little longer and he wanted to talk more so we ventured to his house 30 minutes away in a combi (bus) and talked to him for another 2 hours, going through his other bible and reading versus and everything. It was crazy, but really awesome. He learned a ton and pretty much told us he wasn’t going to read from his other "bible" but stick to the big one and we committed him to baptism but he was kinda unclear on the whole thing. I think he just wants to learn a little bit more first, but it was a fantastic day/lesson with him and I actually learned a ton about the bible...and it was really long so I cant describe the whole thing in detail...but it was really spiritual too and we all grew from it... and I ate this SUPER weird fruit at his house. You open it up and there’s a bunch of mini fruits in it...with seeds that are hard but you have to eat them too...so I swallowed all the little fruits whole like pills but 20 at a time hahahahOH BIG NEWS, PACOS is going to get baptized on the 9th!!! It’s so awesome, and it was sweet too cause I got the opportunity to ask him and he was like ya...of course...and better---his SISTER TOO!!!! She joined us for the second lesson and it went WAY well and she had read the others pamphlets and we challenged HER to be baptized too!!! ahhhhh SO awesome, and I figured out it’s been a YEAR since there has been a baptism here!!! CRAZY!!! I’m so amped, they came to church---loved it. We watched The Testaments---the spirit was so powerful and ahhh it was just a great experience...and after I let them borrow it and they watched it with their mom--who I think will come around sooner or later--she’s big into worshiping the Virgin Guadalupe and says she’s grounded in her catholic belief, but that’s what they all say. We watched the movie Charly too with them, they thought it was great too, and said they almost started crying. We watched it with Paco first and GOSH I HATE that movie!!! I almost cried too and I relate it to myself and just makes me SUPER sad!! So I will never watch it again and I’m seriously debating whether to just give it to someone or throw it away...too sad. But then I let them borrow that too (cause their mom is a little weird and doesn’t want to watch the movies WITH us or something) but that’s fine-she’s super nice---but she told us this morning she thought it was super sweet and almost cried, but everything is just going so well with that family and one day I hope they’ll all have the opportunity to get sealed in the temple. Paco is amazing...seriously...like he wants to go on a mission, and is 24 right now. We talked about it for like 30 minutes the other day!!!...like everything that has to happen and all, it’s SO COOL!!!!! They’re just the best. I need to get a picture with the whole family :) Oh forgot- we watched The Other Side of Heaven to with the boys family and they loved that too :)
We dropped Angelia and her family, for a lot of reasons, but the biggest was just she said herself she wasn’t ready to accept it. It was really sad. but ya, this week was bomb! and I’m so amped for another. This morning we hung out with Paco and played some basketball, then went over to his house with all of his family and ate and have been hanging out with them all day. I drew a bunch of cartoons for his sister’s kid and just played with him for like an hour. It was way fun.
Well, that’s pretty much the main stuff that went down this week---had some great studies too. We knocked a TON of doors, which I love to do and met a lot of cool people. Teaching this other family that might progress. Talked to Avatar the taxi driver---super bad language and he’s super racist like most of them, but I just squirt him and then we get talking and after talking about random stuff for 15 minutes one time this week we got into a REAL conversation about what we teach and I told him everything, and we gave him a pamphlet and everything and he said he’d be interested to listen to more another time we’re around there, but still terrible language--and I understand and KNOW alllllllll the bad words now only from THIS area. It’s kinda ridiculous really. I hope things change for him.
I love tacos al pastor and tacos arabes---best in the world. I drove 2 hours to the district meeting this week because the district leader didn’t want to drive 30 min. Kind of a cool area though...like these huge mountains and valleys and I saw these crazy waterfalls and stuff....it was sweet. Tons of stuff happens in the week and I wish I could just like wear a gopro (head camera)and document it all for you guys---that’d be sweet huh!!! I gotta take more pictures next week---like my lion mask---it’s not mine :) Didn’t get mail this week because we have to wait until zone conference which takes 3 weeks, hopefully I’ll get some :) I miss hearing from everyone :) so amped to have a baptism!!!! OR 2!!!! And our investigators are going to go to conference with us next week, 2.5-3 hours away hah---crazy. SO EXCITED THOUGH!!!! Love you alllllll, thanks for everything :)
Elder AB