Best two things ever happened this week, FIRST, I got to baptize two people, SECOND, I learned from my WOOOOOONDERFUL cousin Annie that my prayers over the last 2 years have been answered --- Verizon came out with an iphone....BEST NEWS EVER....I got down and said a thank you prayer for that one.
I learned an interesting fact this week - my volcano -- Popocatepl was where the 3 missionaries in the 1800's came to dedicate ALL of Mexico for missionary work!!! It’s in Our Heritage!!! Which I FINISHED -- mainly due to the fact that I CAN’T SLEEP HERE!!!! I woke up at 2:30am and went to the bathroom and just lay in bed, then went to the bathroom for some water, then just lay there, and after an hour of being totally awake I started to read. I read about 50 something pages until about 4am with my flashlight and then tried to sleep again. GREAT NIGHT! NOT! I was dead the next morning. It happens to me for at least an hour every night! So I started sleeping upside-down or backwards on my bed, kinda works better.
I learned an interesting fact this week - my volcano -- Popocatepl was where the 3 missionaries in the 1800's came to dedicate ALL of Mexico for missionary work!!! It’s in Our Heritage!!! Which I FINISHED -- mainly due to the fact that I CAN’T SLEEP HERE!!!! I woke up at 2:30am and went to the bathroom and just lay in bed, then went to the bathroom for some water, then just lay there, and after an hour of being totally awake I started to read. I read about 50 something pages until about 4am with my flashlight and then tried to sleep again. GREAT NIGHT! NOT! I was dead the next morning. It happens to me for at least an hour every night! So I started sleeping upside-down or backwards on my bed, kinda works better.
I had this CRAZY weird dream the other night, I’ll tell you about it --- so we were all going together to Sports Authority, and I got out and Pres. Monson was just getting out of his car with a Sports of Authority bag out of this big F-150 and I asked him if he needed help but he didn’t say anything back to me, then he walked in and then we walked in. That’s all I remember… random.
I’ve been kind of calling out some of the inactive members this week, cause I’m sick of how lazy some people are here. I asked this one guy straight up -- do you want to live with your family forever -- and he said "pues, si, but not everyone’s going to get there" how terrible of an answer is that -- cause we were talking about his son needing to get married so we can baptize his "wife" but they are never home and he is a terrible example. After he said that, I don’t even remember what we said but pretty much to set an example and I just walked away.
We were trying to teach our new investigators the other day, and he’s a mechanic, and he was telling us how one of our counselors of the youth, a guy in the ward, refused to pay for his car and was saying all these bad things to the guy...great member example huh --- gotta love it. So that’s terrible for us and it’s hard to talk about the church and things when they think that everyone in the church is like that.
The bishop didn’t show up to our baptism. We went to his house a bunch that day but he never answered -- then Sunday I asked why he didn’t come and he said "he forgot" wow...lame excuse, seeing as he totally knew the entire week and we reminded him the night before and he was just in his house all day, and we had all these problems with the font-- like we couldn’t plug it up, but I found a rock and a sponge and put it in there:) took 5 HOURS to fill the font. EVERYONE showed up late to the baptism on Saturday HAH it was at 5pm. 2 members showed up at 5:30 and Violeta, who got baptized, and her family at 5:45, then 1 other member at 6 -- way to show support, but the baptism went totally great after all the other stuff that happened that day. It was a CRAZY day though!!!
ALMOST got to drive this tiny little truck this week, but then Vidal gave us a ride instead. Would’ve been awesome though. Vidal is probably my favorite person. He’s this super gordito guy and is sick. Well, earlier in the week we visited Irene and right when she was shutting the door to tell us to pass by another time I just felt like I needed to tell her HOW important this message was, so, I testified to her for the next 5 minutes, super fuerte about everything and its reality and its importance and the blessings and everything, cause she keeps procrastinating when she’s going to talk with us, but maybe we won’t be here in a week -- so I let her know how important it was. I had the worst food I have ever had here this week. The first bite was so gross that I couldn’t take another, seriously -- I couldn’t --ehhhhhhh you can’t even imaging ewww . My comp ate it for me, it was so nasty, I don’t even know what it was, but I made sure the hermanas didn’t feel bad or anything. It was super picoso tambien. I learned how to make ice cream and nieve. I MISS American food -- JUST hit me this week, sennnnnnnd me a pizza :P or something that ISN’T chicken!
I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize this little boy on Friday. We asked him who was going to baptize him, cause the two other little girls were being baptized by their dad, and he was like... well..you elder. It was super cute so I was like oohhhhkkkkkaaayyy and I ran back to my house with my HUGE blisters I have and grabbed my stuff haha it went super well, kinda. The little girls were FREEEEAKING out, I’ve never seen anything like it, when they came out of the water it was like they had just almost drowned or something. They were flipping out and crying. So I was like oh man, how’s my little guy gonna be or feel like, but I told him it was gonna be fine, and the water was FREEZING so I carried him to his spot so he didn’t have to walk across the font and I did the baptism really slow and made sure he grabbed his nose, and when I dunked him, I grabbed the back of his shirt and yanked him down BECAUSE he wasn’t leaning back far. He probably wouldn’t want to do it again, it was a GREAT idea by me haha, he went WAY under, then after he was like freaking out because of the cold water, but not freaking like the little girls, and I picked him up again and carried him out :) He had the biggest smile on his face. He said gracias elder :) ahhh it was my fave. I always make faces at him; I think that’s why he likes me. I make weird faces at all the little kids actually, oh and that one face that Tyson Bills makes, I make that, and the members think it’s the FUNNIEST thing EVER!!! hahahah It’s SWEEEEET.. yup but I’m glad I got to do that baptism :) Probably my favorite... and ... COUNT IT :)
Well, that’s pretty much it. So, this week I finished John in the NT and Our Heritage, and I’m halfway though Acts now. I never knew the New Testament was so good. I love it! Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are super good, and Acts is crazy good too. I think it’s really cool seeing the difference in the apostles after they had received the Holy Ghost. In Acts when Peter is teaching with the Holy Ghost, it seems like he does SO much more and performs super sweet miracles and everything, and I can just see the difference with and without the Holy Ghost. My favorite miracle is the miracle in Acts 3 when he heals the lame man. I got the chills reading that. It’s such an amazing miracle. Oh, question...do you know the name of the servant whose ear was cut off by Peter? I do. Such a good seminary question Mom! John 18:10. I like Acts 2:17 In John 20:30 it says "not written in this book" and that interested me a lot so I looked at the footnotes and went on this journey through the Bible and Book of Mormon and topical guide learning more and more. I LOVE when these things happen. It’s so fun looking up all the scriptures...so y’all (that’s for Ray Nix) should look into this one because it’s a way cool one to look into... D&C 93 -- the testimony of John is super good too. I reread that this week too :) and a ton of other great stuff. The New Testament is amazing, and for me it’s so easy to see SO many things that relate to the Book of Mormon and things in it. I love it :))) yup love the study. I haven’t gotten letters from some of my fave people in fooooorever, so....you should write me :P hah thanks for all the letters though, it makes my week :) yup lovin the mish. Jumped off my roof with the district leader, it was sick----whaaaat? :) Its so cool how all my friends are on missions too :) Love it. Have a great week everyone. Cambios next week, I’ll probably be transferred :) TO THE JUNGLE YAYYY!!! Pray for it.
AB