I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! I’m in TETELA DE OCAMPO, PUEBLA ...and it is SO SICK!!! JUNGLE BABYYY I was sooo hoping and praying for this, and it’s SO AWESOME!!!!
It’s GORGEOUS!!! The drive here from where we all met, was 3 hours out into the middle of nowhere on the most windy roads through the mountains I’ve ever been on. The pictures aren’t from my area, they are from the drive. My area is WAYYY prettier. The center is gorgeous, I HAVE to take you guys back here someday so you can see it. I’ve only been here for like 30 minutes too!!!
It’s GORGEOUS!!! The drive here from where we all met, was 3 hours out into the middle of nowhere on the most windy roads through the mountains I’ve ever been on. The pictures aren’t from my area, they are from the drive. My area is WAYYY prettier. The center is gorgeous, I HAVE to take you guys back here someday so you can see it. I’ve only been here for like 30 minutes too!!!
Right now, I hear a bunch of birds chirping, and I can see a mini palm tree, and I love palm trees, ahhhhhhh its so awesome. It’s high up in the mountains I think, but then it's like we’re in a valley and surrounded by these mountains covered in trees. You should look it up on Google to see if there are any pictures. Our house is a little apartment and walking down our street is all jungly. It’s sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! My bags BARELY fit in the combi here, but we got here- miracle. My companion is Elder Hernandez, you can guess where he’s from. I THINK I’M gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT HERE!!! I’m sooooo excited and just amped. I love this place already.
I’m second counselor in the branch I hear, cool huh. There are about 20 members. We only have district meetings every 2 weeks because we have to travel an hour and a half. The drive totally reminds me of New Hampshire -- lots of huge trees and the smell of pine some places, but do they have pine trees here? I saw all my buddies today at the CAPU where we all meet to meet our new comps. I loved it. I love seeing them all. I’ve made some tight friends here. In Atexcac last week the whole barranca burned cause someone lit the trash on fire like always, but this time it got out of hand -- hah and we had an appointment in the colony and were running through TONS of smoke. It was crazy, the fire jumped the road. It was on the news :)
We had this lesson with one of the menos activos- Hermano Adan—he’s the one who took us to the volcano and gave us a ride this morning --- he’s my favorite -- oh and Dad, I gave him that huge jacket you gave me- the grey one, he was super happy :) It worked out perfectly too cause I really didn’t have ANY room to put that, but he needs it more than I do, and I’m thinkin its not going to be that cold here, but anyway we watched the Testaments with his whole family and the spirit was so powerful when the Lord touched the dad and we could all feel it and everyone in their family was crying after when we were talking about it. It was an awesome experience and that’ll definitely be a family I will miss.
We read a lot of Isaiah IN SPANISH for comp study this week. Didn’t understand any of it-- I reread it in English after hah. My new comp is super short. They grow an inch every time. My first comp Elder Palafox was the shortest, then one inch taller Elder Vasquez, then I got another inch up with Hernandez. Anyway, I’m way amped to be here and make this little rama into a barrio :) Thanks for all the love. I got the backpack!!! Its SOOOOOOOOO SICK!!!! and I used it today actually. It works perfectly!! and I hung my livestrong bands on it cause I can't wear them :) and I got the CANDY which was super good and I still am eating it. I also got this HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE package...like seriously huge, from Grandma Nancy from the popcorn factory with jalapeño, and buffalo, and cinnamon popcorn in it hahaha and also normal popcorn and a bunch of other candy and stuff...it was GIGANTIC --- unfortunately I didn’t have time to eat ALL of it before I left, but it was gooooooood while I was eating it! I got sooooo many letters too!! It was a great day, I got a ton from awesome random people and got some dear elders :) I had a wonderful week though. I said bye to all my favorite people and yup, we’re going to go back there some day :) but for now I’m in Tetela -- suuuuuuper amped and can wait... love you alllllllllll
ab :)