This week was gooooooooood. We went contacting in Domingo Areanas and found a bunch of new people.
Dom Arenas is a little puebla a little outside of Atexcoc but it's in our area. We went over there to contact some people. We tried to find this one house of an old investigator. It took forever, we searched for an hour a half. We went from the bottom of the puebla to the top, then back down, then back up, than back down again, then allllllllll the way up, it was crazy haha a lot of walking, but we met a bunch of great people, and since we passed by them like 5 times going up and down, we noticed that they were reading the pamphlets which was super good :)
I am sooooooooooooooooo proud of myself for introducing dodgeball to the mexican people. I'm like the pilgrams when they came and visited the indians and showed them new stuff, thats what I feel like...seriously there were like 40 people there the other night, only about 20 were playing and the rest were watching. It was CRAZY. Some of the bishopric got in, and obbbbbbviously they were the first ones I had to get out hahah, but I wreeeeecked my arm and it's still killing and that was last Monday night. One morning I couldn't move it..but it was worth it. Everyone had fun and we got some new investigators out of it and we bought some tennis balls haaaaaah, its narly, so with tennis ball dodgeball is eppppppic...especially for me :) There were like 2 other older guys that could kinda throw though so it was kinda better hah, we've really made a huge impact on all the young men though I think, the bishop says they're alot happier now and yesterday they were all in this group going to visit other young men who are inactive, it's grrrrrrreat!! To entertain myself on the like houuuuuuuuurs we spend riding buses, I make faces at little kids :P It's the funniest thing ever, cause they make faces back, or I do tongue tricks and they stick out their tongue at me hahaha it's so awesome. I set up my Chistmas tree and the lights!! It's soooo awesome, my companion doesn't like Christmas hah weirddddddddd...but I'm gonna make him like it!! I hung up some stockings, It's super funny cause I put his super low :P but I'm gonna secretly fill it for christmas :) I've been savin up the chocolate that I don't want and he looooves chocolate, so hopefully he'll love christmas this year :) I hung my lights too, but just over my bed hah it looks so funny, it's like a christmas party on my side of the room :))
We had some goood food this week, and some GROSS food, but I'll just talk about the good food. This lady asked me what I liked and I told her tacos with cheese and potatoes and beans and all that good stuff, so she made it the next day, and it was so good...and the day before we ate at her house too, and we were waiting upstairs and they were watching TV and ELF came on and we watched it for like 10 mins before she called us for dinner and I was tryyyyyyyying to tell them how ELF is the BEST christmas movie EVER and they must find it and watch it haha, but I think it's confusing if you watch it from the middle. I saw some of this bull fight later that week and learned ALL the rules!! Did you know they have TEAMS. The one we saw in Mexico was tiny, this ones in a HUUUUUUUGE stadium and is way narlier. This french matador was doing it and he was...french. kinda weird. It was sweet though, then yesterday I explained the rules of football to this menos activo who asked hahahh it was hard :P Another person who is in the ward made me listen to his English Christmas music, like white Christmas and stuff and translate it for him hahahah. It was so nice to hear American Christmas music though, the music here alllllll has the same beat. It's super annoying after a while haha.
I had this awesome conversation with this guy on the bus, he came and talked to me in Spanish and we talked about our families and he talked to me about his work in Phili and stuff and it was sweet. I totally understood everything too, then I told him how we were missionaries and stuff and all that. I saw him yesterday on the street and said hi too hah. My Spanish is coming along great though I think. It's getting better :P I''ve been reading my scriptures a lot in Spanish though, and read like 20 pages the other day. I'm in Alma 4 now!!!
10 minutes before church, we were in the bishops office, and he asked us to give talks haha, so in front of the whole ward I gave this 10 minute talk on faith with all these scriptures and stuff. It was kinda fun just winging it in spanish hahah it went really well though. I prayed that it would go well and that I would be calm up there and it really went awesome, and I wasn't scared at all and it was just great :) hah I can't really ocncentrate right now cause the person next to me is watching soccer videos on youtube and it is suuuuuper loud and distracting hah. I LOVE guava juice! oh one thing that I almost have mastered is fast walking, not normal fast walking though, like pro olympic fast walking, like we watched that one time in the summer. The young men think it's hilarious that I can fast walk as fast as they can run and so sometimes we alllll fast walk around the basketball court when we do the excercise thing with them hah. I've been playing the piano a lot lately, and played for everyone when they sang christmas hymns. I've been learning them out of the hymn book :) It's really fun, but some of them are SUPER hard...but i'm getting better :) My favorite thing about this week was probably giving my talk in church though, that was fun :) and I have some goooood scriptures on faith :) This weeks been awesome cause we've been looking for lots of new people and meeting new people. Dom Arenas was super fun. I love exploring new places like that and talking to people, everyone here is willing to listen to you, it's really awesome. Mexico is sweeeeeeeeeet, I love it :) Next week is gonna be AWESOME!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :) Read those scriptures :) Read Mosiah 11 through Mosiah 16 :) It's bueno.
Love, Elder Bertha