Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Sunday, January 2, 2011

27th Email

Well since I talked to you on Christmas and told you about all the fun stuff that went on, I'm just gonna write since Friday, but on Monday caroling with all the power out was sweeeet.
Anyways, I  had a WONDERFUL Christmas. After talking to my favorite people in the world, we went and ate at a member's house Christmas Eve. We had chicken...surprise surprise...and these super good noodles that Elder Palafox made. We ended up finishing at like 11 and then I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 in the morning cause of allllllllllllllllllll the bazillion of fireworks going off.  I was super tired.  Christmas was awesome. I snuck out of my bed and filled Palafox's stocking with candy and those little ear warmer things that he loved of mine.  He didn't even notice in the morning.  I hinted at it at 11 when I said that I had seen Santa Clause in the room and he put stuff in my stocking....cause I filled mine too hahah...but he was super suuuper happy. Then I read my Spanish scriptures for a while and then Palafox skyped with his family. I bruised my foot super bad taking this EPPPIC Christmas photo...which only a few have heeeeeeh, but I have been pretty much limping around these last couple of days and I hurt it again this morning hah, but it was soooo worth it :P On Christmas we talked to a few people and visited our usual ready-to-get-baptized-but-dont-want-to people and had to be in early to our house because of all the drunk people. So then I remembered my UNO cards that I have had, but had forgotten about, and I used them to study my numbers in Spanish hah then we played uno and I DOMINATED him hahahahahah. Seriously like 7 games in a row it was hilarious, but then my streak kinda broke, but on the running tally I'm like 400 points ahead still hah. Sunday was so awesome. We first went to the church at the bottom of the hill because we thought that our bus investigator we met on Christmas would come to church.  He was super awesome.  We taught him the first lesson on the bus and he read almost the entire pamphlet and said he was going to come to church. Too bad he doesn't really live close or in our area, but he was going to come to our ward so we went there. He didn't come. But, it was awesome that we met him cause the whole week I had been praying that we'd meet someone new that we would be able to teach and that would be really receptive and this guy was golden.....but he didn't come to church, BUT I STILLLL believe he'll come next Sunday...yup. Then we went to the church Arriba and had class and priesthood there. We had 7 investigators at church though in both wards!!! That's a lot for here, like a ton, so we were super amped... and now we have a bunch of new people to teach!!
     That night after we came in we made kites. I wanted to make one together but he wanted to make his own so it turned into a competition kinda...but he didn't know barbie, the best kite ever, and what she was like, so his was kinda weird. We made them out of wire though and these plastic bags....I have a picture. Well none of them worked, ONLY because there was no wind hah but HOPEFULLY tonight there will be wind!! His didn't work though, mine kiiiiiiiiinda worked, but I modified it so I think it will now. I named it after my favorite kite flier....you know who you are...it'll work tonight :) I'm excited for this week though, it's going to be awesome!! and Alejandro and his mom want to get baptized but after she gets married which SHOULD be soon and they both want ME to baptize them!! :) So I'm excited for that.  Hopefully it'll really happen before I get transferred! I can't wait to see what happens though!
     I read 30 pages this morning, 20 super early, then like 10 while we were doing laundry.  IHAVE to finish the Book of Mormon in spanish so I can be fluent, (a promise from the prophet) hahah it's looooong, but i love it.  I'm in Alma 26 right now.  It's been talking about the sons of Mosiah and their dealings with the Laminites....I understand most of it hah, but I still gotta learn wayyy more. It really is awesome though reading, and really does bring a peace.  I always pray before I read too that I'll understand everything that I read, and it really helps. I just love it out here.  My Christmas was epic and I love my area. I love learning more and more about this gospel, and as I do I just realize more and more how blessed I was to have been raised in it. I know this church is the only true church on the earth today and that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. I love being a missionary.


love 

elder alex bertha