Hola, This week was the BEST week of my mission!!!
It was so fun, so spiritual, and just AMAZING!!! AND I DIDN’T GET CHANGED!!!! ahhhh that was the best part!! I get to stay here for another 6 weeks YAAAY! I’m so excited, I’m determined to get some baptisms and find like a baaazillion new people to teach haha. This week we visited that family with the son Alejandro that doesn’t want to get baptized, and we had a lesson and made fried chicken with them...it was like REAL fried chicken, hah kinda good though. Then my birthday was THE BEST and I got the best nicest cards ever and I opened all the mail I got the day before as birthday mail. It was sweet, but everything was timed sooo perfectly. I LOVED the Cornwells card, it was a song card and was hilarious, kinda freaked my companion out, but that’s ok :P It was awesome, and I loved all the other ones too!!! Tonight I’m totally going to set up my Christmas tree and put up all the lights!! I’m sooooooooo excited; it’s going to be awesome!!
It was so fun, so spiritual, and just AMAZING!!! AND I DIDN’T GET CHANGED!!!! ahhhh that was the best part!! I get to stay here for another 6 weeks YAAAY! I’m so excited, I’m determined to get some baptisms and find like a baaazillion new people to teach haha. This week we visited that family with the son Alejandro that doesn’t want to get baptized, and we had a lesson and made fried chicken with them...it was like REAL fried chicken, hah kinda good though. Then my birthday was THE BEST and I got the best nicest cards ever and I opened all the mail I got the day before as birthday mail. It was sweet, but everything was timed sooo perfectly. I LOVED the Cornwells card, it was a song card and was hilarious, kinda freaked my companion out, but that’s ok :P It was awesome, and I loved all the other ones too!!! Tonight I’m totally going to set up my Christmas tree and put up all the lights!! I’m sooooooooo excited; it’s going to be awesome!!
We had the greatest lesson and suuuuuper spiritual night on Tuesday. We were talking with this inactive member at her house and I forgot exactly what we taught there, but the spirit was soooo strong and I alllllmost started crying for some weird reason. The spirit was so strong though and we all felt it and the lesson we taught was I think the perfect lesson and exactly what she needed. Another day we were walking to eat lunch and we stopped and talked with these members. We ended up talking to them for a long time and I didn’t understand a lot of it but he had diabetes and it was a super bad time for him cause I think something went wrong...so we gave him a blessing and it was sooo powerful and he and his wife were crying. Afterward, we talked to them about all we have to be thankful for and Elder Palafox talked about his mom and how at the beginning of his mission his mom was SUPER sick and he had to call home because the doctors thought it was going to be the end, and he was talking about how he called and when his mom came on the phone, he thought that maybe it was going to be the last time he was going to talk to her, and ohhhh my gosh, it was like the saddest thing ever and I was trying sooooo hard not to seriously cry cause it was the saddest story evvvver, but I didn’t, but I did get all teary eyed. Oh my gosh though it is the saddest story, and then he said when his mom came on and asked who it was, he said your son and then just started bawling and they were both crying and ah it would’ve been the hardest phone call ever...but she ended up being ok but she has been super sick his whole mission. That lesson/blessing was amazing and the spirit was so strong there too, it was incredible.
We walked to the colony one night, and we forgot EVERYTHING, my dog beeper, our sling shots, and our flashlights, and it was the scariest thing ever. I really thought I was going to die. We had like 8 dogs surrounding us barking and we had sticks, and I just ran when this one came and Palafox stayed...why? But he eventually got out but it was the scariest thing ever then we finally got to the colony and it was pitch black. We went around with the president there and sang to less active members, it was super great, they loved it and could feel the spirit. Most of them came to church the next day. The whole time we were walking though I was praying that the lord would help us on our way back, because we weren’t going to take the same way we came, and we were going to go though the sketch canyon at night, and I asked the pres if we could use his little light, but even with that it was super dangerous and I seriously was so scared for what was gonna happen, and there was no way someone was going to be driving in the colony at night on their way to Atexcoc cause it’s totally out of the way and we were wayyy back in the colony. So, I just prayed the entire time. While we were walking back a MIRACLE happened. A car came around the corner and Palafox asked where they were going but I didn’t hear so we got in the back and they were going to ATEXCOC!!! It was crazy!!! Like the chances of that are soooooooo small!! sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo small. It was truly a miracle, and I just felt such a peace when I confirmed like 5 times that the truck was going back to Atexcoc. It was truly a miracle, and I’m soooo thankful for it. I KNOW the lord blesses his missionaries and I knowwww he loves them. It was truly another answer to one of my prayers. It was absolutely incredible.
At the beginning of the week these construction guys measured me with a measuring tape haha. Then one day this guy asked us if we wanted beer and I said no (oh he was speaking to in English too, like bad English) and then if said in Spanish how cervesa is super bad for your health and stuff but then he offered to by beer FOR us...how nice right!...well I declined and we left. We also watched Finding Faith in Christ again with some people. That movie is amazing, it brings the spirit every time. We had a zone conference this week too, it was super good. This guy came to speak who is over the whole area of Mexico. He talked to us for 2 hours and his wife talked to us too. She read the story of the giving tree, but it was in Spanish. I love that book...she related it to how Christ is for us. It’s so crazy how well it relates hah. We were in Huejo for Saturday morning again to send some stuff and I saw a blue Honda scooter!! like the one in NH....it was sweet haha, I didn’t find any more gems though, but I didn’t look too hard :P ya my week was just amazing though, it was my favorite week yet. I feel like my Spanish is really going somewhere too, so that’s good. I’m so happy to be out here right now and I LOVE my mission!! Its a blast... I know the lord blesses his missionaries and cares about them a ton, I see it every day, I love this gospel and I’m so thankful for all the support I get, I love you all...
Oh wow, I just remembered the best part of the week that I forgot. We got like 18 young men and a ton of new people to come to the church to workout and we did this workout with them and then taught a lesson and then played dodge ball!!! With this nar ball that’s like a tennis ball but about twice as hard, and it KILLED hahah but I only got hit once, it was SO fun though!!! Then another night we did it again and got a bunch of kids to come, and challenged one to baptism and he wants to but his parents won’t let him, but we had tons of kids there and played dodge ball with like 25 kids this time and then played world cup after until like 10:30 The bishop was super awesome and on Saturday invited them all to have hamburgers at the church...so when Palafox and I went to the zone meeting we went to Sam’s club and got all the stuff. But playing world cup was SO fun!!! I had this super good kid on my team and there was this young kid who scored allll the goals and it was so funny and he was sooo good it was hilarious and we won every time hahaha. On Saturday Elder Palafox and I made hamburgers for everyone and tons of people came. The workout and the games every couple nights are great. It gets the kids off the street and their parents love it, it’s super fun too. We took tons of pictures too, but they all fight for the front of the camera so its like a battle. I also wrestled them with Palafox one night haha, that was fun too...we had to walk to the colonies for church on Sunday. It was a great meeting this sister who is leaving for her mission on Wednesday!! It’s so cool how so many Mexican guys and girls go on missions!!! Her talk was so good and the spirit was so strong and her whole family spoke and were crying, it was a great sacrament meeting :)
oh something else, we were out of water...like almost totally for 4 days this week and didn’t take showers for one day and then warmed water over coals and took bucket showers the rest of the days ahahha it was crrrrrrrrazy!!! But I like bucket showers haha...it was FREEZING THOUGH!!! And this whole week was freezing...like 20's at night I swear!! But ya...no water was terrible, there was no water in all of our side of town haha...crazy stuff.
Elder Bertha