Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Sunday, November 27, 2011

74th Email

Hello Familia. This week was fantastic. Armando got confirmed on Sunday. We taught TONS of lessons to a variety of people. I ate 4 HUGE waffles one morning this week with Hermana Parra. I talked to Elder Stevens for an hour and a half last night about how sweet Tetela is and how he has to go exploring because he has never even been to Cuautempan or Taxco....because Almeida didn't show him.  
And he doesn't even know all the sweet trails we went on. But Tetela is doing well....bahahah. Oh Hermano Alejandro from Tetela called me the other day and we talked for like 20 minutes---he's hilarious. Kinda a joke though, still drinking and not progressing at all in his life. Ahh how I miss Tetala after being in the feo city for so long. I def. need to live in a beautiful place....the second floor of the guest house hahahaha just kiddin. I need a sweet place with a view...because the city...no good. Couldn't do it my whole life. Unless I lived super high up and could see everything, that'd be nice. I have it all planned out, kinda, but I can't tell you all because it's my big secret. :) Remember this time last year when we ate such good food on Thanksgiving...oh wait...no...I didn't because I was suffering with ice packs all over my face (wisdom teeth)...it's going to be like the 3rd thanksgiving I'm missing....But kinda not because hermana Reeves invited us to eat with them on Thursday for Thanksgiving...tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  But nothing compares to those farm thanksgivings....that is a must when I return. Well my friend Wennerholm got his Appendix taken out this week and almost died, that was kinda crazy.  I talked to him in the hospital...they just left him alone for like 2 nights there and he ate crepes...SO AWESOME RIGHT!!! but kinda not, but he DID get crepes, and now he's at the mission house and we played some RISK today!! It was totally epic. And we ate those little pineapple candy things. SOOOO good. It was so epic, menos the fact that it was lord of the circles risk and totally not as cool as normal risk. I had to attack Balbagof from Snorfblat and then Brian dominated land of the Ogres or something weird like that and there were bridges and all kinds of weird stuff that made it hard, and there was a trail to that ring....and they actually had a ring...the ring of "the spire" and I wore it the whole game for good luck...even though I lost the spire first round. Then I went from Lumler to Lifenhow to Norstink to Asford to Rinstillcofferson...WEIRD random names...totally made those ones up though. Erica prob knows them all heheheh :) I never understood that movie...it was WAY over my head and made absolutely NO sense to me. Anyway, after like 3 hours I had almost whipped out the green race and the black one and it was Brian and I...but I only had one person on each "place" so I kind of got dominated. But nobody ended up winning, it would have taken like a year. I love playing risk though. Then I showed them my trumpo moves and Hermana Reeves too and they  loved it so much I could totally tell....like they were jumping on the couch and clapping and crying because I was like dominating these tricks....it was out of this world.... yup....exactly. OH and when we got there there was dominoes, so that was fun too. Brian said we couldn't make alliances but OBVIOUSLY the only way to dominate the world is with secret alliances so obviously Wennerholm and I formed one secretly and started to dominate until he came into my territory two places to Gingerhof and Plackstorf and then I whipped him off the bottom part of the map to punish him. THEN he said it was part of the plan so they wouldn't think we were in an alliance...but he didn't tell me...so I killed his ogres and ares archers or whatever. Totally legit though. Fun day.

We visited Marcela this week and had an awesome lesson with her.  It's kind of weird talking to her though, because she KNOWS that one day she will get baptized, but she "wants more time." Like everyone here. Her grandchild is on a mission in Thailand...and her brother and her sister are Mormon, but she's the one that died. They are inactive but still....she should be a member too by now. At the end of the lesson she told us about how she is super sick and we gave her a powerful blessing. 

We went to knock doors on the other side of the bridge this week, where there are no members, and all the houses are big. And we spent like 3 hours at it....AND FOUND 2 NEWS (new people to teach). Oh, but first we saw these two hombres walking down the street, then they started kissing in front of this garage.... Anyways found 2 newbies. One was this Christian, and the other is named Miriam. Funny story about WHYYYYYYY I actually knocked this house again...maybe I'll tell you some other day hahah. Anyway, she's WAY COOL!! She does this thing called BIOFEEDBACK which uses electricity and cures all kinds of things....LIKE EVERYTHING actually. She's only 1 of 4 in all of Mexico that does it. I'{m going to be the fifth and live on the beach in Puerta Vallarta. Anyway, she studied in San Francisco and is Catholic, but is open to learning more. We invited her to church...and she came. Miracle right. She came to ALL 3 HOURS too, and loved the classes and we are going to see her again this week. 

Oh ,and then we went and visited Esteban Muñoz who got baptized when Elder Pech was here and now his son is living with him, but he's never there. BUT the wife is and we started to teach her. So she's another newbie in the pool. I watched the Joseph Smith movie 4 times this week!! Its sooooooooo good. We watched it with different people.  It's powerful, awesome, and kind of a love story, but that's ok. I like love stories. We watched the "John Tanner" movie too. They are all on the D-C DVD thing...It's a sweet DVD. Random side note---I'm totally lurking this big guys computer  next to me on his facebook....he's writing this person called Vaso Oo....kinda weird. He's a total creeper. Anyway, back to my stories.

I also have the number of Marcelas husband, that is in Houston, Texas. It's 001 832 404 7182. He's only there Sunday mornings because he works all day.  I'm pretty sure he only speaks spanish, and he wants a Libro de Mormon. SOOOOOOOO someone that speaks spanish should call that number and get his address and have the missionaries go by and give him one...because then if that happens that will speed up his wife's baptism. I hope those Texas missionaries  get one to him one fast though. I was going to just call him, but it'd be easier and cheaper if you guys do it. Or give the reference to someone good so that it will get done.

By the way, I eat everything now. Like everything ON everything. Like chicken I eat the fat too, even though that's so nasty, I just swallow it to make things easier. 

back to normality. I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!! It was six weeks EXACTLY. I think that if the president wouldn't have given us that challenge, I would have never in my life read it so fast..But it just suuuuuuucks you in there and I just wanted to read more and more and I LOVED it...obvioulsy. But I really learned a ton, a ton.  I really do feel like my testimony of the Book of Mormon has been greatly strengthened and my testimony of Joseph Smith. My spanish reading skills have improved. I am reading this book right now on the Prophet Joseph Smith. It's amazing. If you read the Book of Mormon...it's pretty obvious, I think.  One human could not have written that, let alone write the majority in about 70 days, had no education, and about a million reasons more. And it's crazy because when I read it in Spanish I can totally tell the difference in the writing styles of the prophets...like really. I can read some of them fast and some take a little more time because of how they write and arrange their words and stuff. But there is a TOTAL difference. My book is marked like crazy though.  I've found about a 200 more favorite scriptures...I have yet to share them with you, but  I'm working on that....someday. I can't really say anything more about it though. It's pretty simple. It's a book from God, translated by a prophet of God, and talks about God, and I know it is true. And I love learning more about the wonderful plan God has had for us since the beginning of time and I think its so incredible how he has revealed the same exact plan to US as he did all of his prophets and children from all eras of time. It's amazing. The book of Moroni in the Book f Mormon is super powerful. Read it. 

I'll find some of my favorite scriptures and send them to you sometime. I can't believe you beat me mother and father. Only by like a couple days though.

Oh. And we got a fridge. FINALLY! And I used the box and I cut a hole in the top and some arm slots and made a lava suit. Its sick.

Hope Nam was crazy awesome and hope you guys totally brought back one of those worker hats I was wanting. :) I love you guys TONSSSSSSS and TONNNNS!!!!

Love, 

Elder Bertha.