Elder Alex Bertha

Elder Alex Bertha

Monday, December 26, 2011

78th Email

Hey family. Crazy day today, I had changes. BUT I'M STILL IN THE SAME FREAKING STAKE!! I just moved to Valsequillo where my ornament was put a little higher on the Christmas tree and now I'm a zone leader in PUEBLA SUR...soon to be the best zone around. Lots of probs to figure out, obvi, missionaries are crazy here, but we'll be working on it.
Kinda bummed though because we have to do this really fast and I'm pretty sure I wont have time to write my SWEET super long ones that I like to do. I hope so though. I love you all tons and remember I do. My companion is elder Izaguirre, he is a powerhouse convert. We kinda didn't like each other when I first was here and he was in Huejotzingo, but a couple changes ago we worked out the problems and misinterpretations of things, and thank goodness for that now because we are companions. He is serious, super tall, from Sanora, and is a little boring, but I know I can learn SO much from him to help me be the best missionary I can possible be, and I know it was true revelation that I was chosen to be his companion. This is a great way to start off the last 6 months.  I'm so excited to just LEARN, LEARN, LEARN from him. Converts are the best.  We are going to work so hard and baptize all of Puebla. :) I'm just so thankful for the wonderful opportunity to be in this new assignment with him, and I know it will be great. Don't forget about me if I just write a little sometimes though ok. and don't forget to write me, especially you people who I love to get letters from. ;) It means the world. These last 6 months---I'm planning for them to be a "magical" experience and I'm so excited to totally just envelop myself even more with this great opportunity in the work of the Lord teaching His elect on this earth.
I went on divisions with Elder Rodriguez this week. We taught a family and they had the most GORGEOUS 5 year old daughter ever---and I know that sounds SUPER weird to say...but seriously you have never seen a better looking child in your life. She had clear eyes, which is super weird to see, these tiny little pigtails, and she talked A TON ...and it's kinda ridiculous. But anyway, Rodriguez pretty much talked with them the entire time and I just played with her. We played one of those random made-up-on-the-spot games that kids play because she wanted to read books with me...it's complicated to explain. Then we drew pictures in my agenda and she put my face in different positions..then she asked me where I got my hair from and I told her that the angels came down from heaven and gave it to me, along with the color of my eyelashes and eyebrows, needless to say, she was pretty amazed...but it's true.
Elder Hernandez and I did a companion gift exchange, it was totally legit. He gave me some gumballs and tootsie rolls and I gave him one of those highlighter pencils to mark scriptures and some other stuff....I took a super awesome video...maybe I'll send it to you if I have time...but it probably won't be today. My house is SICK!!!!! I'll take some pictures for next week.
It was weird saying by to everyone, but maybe I knew beforehand where I was going so it wasn't that sad.
We ate hot cakes with Hermana Graciela. THEY WERE SOME OF THE BEST IVE EVER HAD. Up there with moms, obviously, those scrambled ones, and Karen's blueberry ones in New Hampshire...ahhhh so good. OH THEN SHE TRICKED ME INTO EATING THE GROSSEST THING EVER!!! she said it was meat and my comp and I were like....ya sure....but we ate it anyways. Moronga. Know what what is----friken TORO SANGRE, BULL BLOOD, so nasty, it smelled like a cow pie, and tasted the same as it smelled, pretty much the sickest thing I have ever tragared in my whole entire life. Worse than camel. WAY worse than camel, and camel is disgusting too.
I threw this sweet firework out the window last night. It was HUGE. We did it at like 12 though (because I was packaging) so it didn't hit a car this time.
We played soccer today. I'm going to throw down a huge round off backflip next week I'm thinkin----it's time. Some kid did it today and he got more air...I'm just sketched I might land on my head an die...but hopefully that won't happen. I threw down some other sweet tricks though, scored some goals...it was awesome as usual. We have the sickest soccer field ever right outside our house.
I had to give a talk in church this week too, about giving gracias to the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. It went super well.  I talked about the prophecies both in the Bible and the Book of Mormon leading up to the nacimiento. It is super wonderful how God gave all his children signs and wonders from heaven leading up the birth of his only begotten son Jesus Christ on both the western continent and the ancient continent. It really shows the true nature of God and how he really cares about ALL his children; something we can always see when we ponder about the Book of Mormon as well, being a revealed history of the Americas. It's really such a blessing that we have such a book. I hope during this Christmas season you all can study a little more about the prophesies leading up the birth of Christ, through the prophet Samuel, vision of Nephi, Luke, Matthew, Isaiah, and other prophets and disciples. It is all so amazing, and we should really be thanking God every night for the wonderful gift He gave us of his son coming to our iniquity filled earth to overcome death so that we can all be resurrected and have immortality, while at the same time suffering for our sins so that through Jesus Christ we can ask for forgiveness, and through his grace and mercy, we can be forgiven. All of this for us, and all of it so that we could be able to reach our ultimate goal, eternal life. What a blessing.  Thank our father in heaven every night he gave us his son, our Savior, because without Him, we would be lost spiritually and physically. I love you all, I really do hope you can ponder on the birth of our Savior, and I hope one day we call see each other in the celestial kingdom. And I shall be the first to throw a huge party in my mansion and we shall eat tacos arabes and churros and play tennis and go off my rope swing and ride magic carpets all day. It shall be epic.
Cuidense mucho. Tengan el MEJOR navidad posible, y haganse seguro que pongan MUCHOS galletas para santa clause. He probably jump ropes it all off anyways. I'm going to start jump roping now.
Hopefully y'all get my package I sent to Tijuana. It's leeeeeeeeeegit. And I will certainly call you this Saturday at 4 your time, which will be 6 my time, and have tons of questions ready for me. :) You can ask me ANYTHING you want, except my weight and my age, because I'm self conscious about those...
Love to all.
Peace.
Harmony.
Laughter.
More Laughter.
Elder Bertha.